I think the pressure of turning one got to Eve, because she was a little fussy for her birthday. The day started out well - she woke up to a decorated kitchen complete with ballons for her to play with!
Besides a couple of minor try-to-jump-on-the-ballon-and-it-flies-from-under-me-and-my-face-hits-the-floor incidents, the ballons provided plenty of enjoyment!
Just enough time for a quick picture with Mommy before she heads to work!
As mentioned before, she had a semi-well behaved day playing at home with Daddy and when I got home, it was time to party! We started with making shepherd's pie - because it has mashed potatoes which seem to be one of Eve's favorite foods at the moment. Eve even helped me!
Then, while the dinner was baking, we took some quick pictures of the birthday girl. This is the closest thing I could get to a smile...and it's actually her about to start crying.
Eve had a white cake with pink frosting (which you'll see more of later!) - something simple, but yummy!
We hurried through dinner because we had places to go (not so much) and people to see! Eve enjoyed plenty of the mashed potatoes and cheese part of the dinner.
At last dinner was done and it was time to....drum roll....skype the grandparents!
Eve was so intent on looking at the family on the screen that she wouldn't look at her cake! We had to assist with the blowing out of the candle.
We started out by skyping with my parents so they could watch her open their present and get a start on her cake.
She didn't get far.
She was very timid about it and would only poke at the frosting.
So we helped.
Then we switched over to skype Andrew's parents and after a few more minutes, Eve got quite into her cake! Literally!
She was being a good girl by this point and got so excited at the first couple of presents and cards from grandparents. She would hug each one after opening it. It was pretty cute!
After talking with Andrew's parents, we got Eve cleaned up and she got to open the rest of her presents. I made the mistake of having her open this one first - one of those animal pop-up toys - and she had so much fun with it that I couldn't get her to put it away long enough to open the other, 'boring' presents (clothes, bath toys, sippy cups).
See what I mean by hugging? :) This is a card from her Great, great Grandma.
I couldn't get her back in to opening presents until she saw the one from Aunt Kelly, Uncle Lance, and Reagan. What fun! A ducky pull-toy that quacks!
We didn't finish until well after bedtime, so it was a quick wrap up, then off to bed to try to sleep when overloaded with sugar and excitement!
We had so much fun celebrating Eve's first birthday with her! We love her so much and are so happy to have her in our family!
She doesn't have her doctors appointment until the 15th, so I'll share stats at that point.
And for your enjoyment....here's Eve with her cake!
Happy birthday, Eve!
she's starting to look a lot like Andrew's side of the family
ReplyDeleteHappy Birthday to Eve! I can't believe she's one! Good job on the first birthday...looks like she had a blast! Can't wait to see you guys! :)
ReplyDelete