Saturday, June 16, 2012

When in Dallas....

...do as the Canasians do! 

Marinda came to Dallas last weekend for her brother's wedding and we got to spend some time together.  Not as much as we had planned because I had to work late one night and cancel our dinner plans, but on Saturday, she came over and we made a Canasian feast!  The only regret was that Wong wasn't with us - it's never the same without a real Canasian!

The planned menu: pork dumplings and sweet and sour chicken.

The actual menu: sweet and sour chicken.

The store didn't have the dumplings wrappers we needed, so we just stuck with the main course.  And it was yummy! 


We ate to our hearts' content and I had plenty of leftovers to take to work - perfect!


It was so fun to visit with Marinda, even if it was just for a few hours.  It's nice to remember I still have some friends, even if they live far  away and visits are infrequent...

No comments:

Post a Comment