Sunday, August 5, 2012

Chick-Fil-A Appreciation Days

And by days, I mean days! 

Like many of you, we decided on August 1st to support Chick-Fil-A by participating in their day of appreciation.  It really bothered me that when the president of the company said he supported the biblical definition of marriage, it seems like the whole country erupted in outrage.  I heard him called "narrowminded", "backwards", "biased", and much worse.  And when mayors started saying that the restaurant was not welcome in their cities, well, that was the end for me.  

It's too bad that we live in a country and world that truly does call evil good and good evil.  So we decided that we'd start eating at Chick-Fil-A more.  And by more, I mean at all.  Neither of us have ever really been there before....but we mean to go more often now!

So, with that said, after I got home from work on the 1st, we drove over to the restaurant only to find out that they were sold out of food!  We weren't even disappointed - how cool is that?! 

So here's the picture proving we did indeed show up on the official Appreciation Day (that's the restaurant in the back):


We decided to try again on Friday night - and not just because it was dubbed the official day for protesters to hold "kiss-ins" at the stores....

But I did get to kiss a chick!  And a super cute one!  And there were no protesters, so we just played for a bit, got our food, and headed home!



"Just let me down so I can play, Dad!"


Waiting for our food.....


Eve got her very own chicken nugget meal with fries and a book!


We're always happy to support a good cause - especially when our support means a yummy dinner!  :)

2 comments:

  1. Ya...it makes me feel better that I eat there three time a week ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chik-fil-A is delicious :-) I'm a sucker for that pickle on my sandwhich!

    ReplyDelete