Monday, December 16, 2013

Eve's 3rd Birthday!

We didn't let a little ice keep us from celebrating Eve's 3rd birthday!  We just had to bundle up a little warmer...
 
 
We first ventured out to McDonalds for some lunch and play time!  (Don't judge us on the quantity of food - it's one of their super value bundles and was cheaper and gave us leftovers.)


 
Happy girls playing!

 
When our tummies were full, we continued the excitement at Build a Bear!

 
It took Eve a bit to grasp the concept of the store - she kept wanting to choose the already made stuffed animals and was not interested in starting her own with just a flat skin!  But we finally convinced her it would be fun and she selected a pink Disney princess bear. 
 
She had fun pushing the pedal to insert the fluff...

 
Then choosing and adding the heart....

 
Halle watched somewhat impatiently :)

 
Next was time for a back and brushing.

 
Admiring her work!

 
A very successful outing, in all.  And an exhausting one!  Eve kept a firm grasp on her new bear even while nodding off on the way home.

 
All of that fun was on Saturday.  Eve's actual birthday was on a Sunday this year and due to the ice storm, our church meetings were only 1 hour long.  Which gave us extra time to party! 

 
Eve enjoyed opening her cards and presents and was very thankful to all her remembered her birthday!

 
Trying out her new soccer ball from mom and dad.

 
She's gonna be a pro!

 
The aftermath...

 
We were able to Skype with Eve's grandparents (she really wanted them all there for her birthday, but this was the next best thing).  And then it was time for cake! 
 
Eve wanted a Minnie Mouse birthday so we did our best.  She helped me decorate the cake.  I asked her what she wanted it to say - "Happy birthday, Eve"?  No, she wanted it to say, "Happy birthday, Halle."  Haha, I told her it wasn't Halle's birthday and to come up with another idea.  Her second choice?  "Hey, Daddy!"  I vetoed that one too.  I know, I'm no fun.  We finally settled on "Eve's Cake".
 
What a happy birthday girl!

 
Eve did great blowing out her candles!  What a big girl she is now!

 
Here are some facts about Eve:
 
-37 inches tall (48th percentile)
- 31 lbs 6 oz (58th percentile)
-Loves princesses, stuffed animals, Minnie mouse, books, and singing
-Her favorite scripture story at the moment is when Mary and Joseph couldn't find Jesus and then finally found him in the temple, teaching
-Obsessed with hide and go seek (see the previous bullet)
-Loves being chased and tickled
-Can count to 100
-Writes her name
-Starting to write other letters and sound out words
-Loves to play with Halle
-Is such a good helper with laundry, dishes, chores, and cleaning her room
 
Eve is such a joy to have in our family and we can't wait to enjoy the next year with her!

3 comments:

  1. Lance and I laughed so hard at the cake decorating. I had tears in my eyes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is adorable! Such a beautiful girl & I can't believe she is 3! I mean the last time we saw her she was learning to walk! It's just not fair.

    ReplyDelete
  3. my first thought "WOW that's a lot of food!" hahaha -don't judge us! :-D I can't believe she's almost in school already *Happy Birthday, Eve*!!

    ReplyDelete