In the middle of March, Andrew went to Baltimore for 5 1/2 days for a large job fair type event, specific to his field. We've never been without Daddy for that long so it was quite an adventure!
We took him to the airport on a Wednesday afternoon and sadly bid him farewell. Notice that he doesn't look sad....
Then it was up to me to take care of the girls.... by myself. It may sound silly, but it's been since Eve was a new baby that I've been a mom at home (not counting maternity leave for Halle -we spent most of that on vacation in Utah and Colorado anyway.). I worked a half day from home the next morning, then took work off until Andrew got back.
We tried to make the most of our time together, even though we all really missed Andrew. It was really weird not having him around.
We went to McDonald's one day for ice cream after the girls were good helpers and we cleaned the whole house. Ok, I will admit that it's been a long time (at least 15 years) since I've been to McDonald's for an ice cream cone, but when did they do away with twist cones????? The 14 year old taking our order was quite confused when I asked for 3 twist cones. "You mean dipped?". No. I had to explain what they were to which she replied, "we've never had that." Um, yes, young child, McDonald's did indeed used to have those. Sigh. So we settled for vanilla.
Unfortunately, they had nothing for me to carry them in. Seriously?!? How was I supposed to drive home carrying three cones???? So they dumped them in cups for me, which I wasn't happy about, but it worked. And they held their shape better than I expected. So we finally got to enjoy our cones in the backyard.
Eve's first ice cream cone-she was a big fan!
Halle's first too-hard to go wrong with ice cream!
Other than that, we played instruments.....
....went to stake conference (which did NOT go well without Daddy)....
....and before we knew it, it was time to pick Daddy up at the airport!
We were so glad to welcome him back home! Especially me! Eve enjoyed having pushover mom around, I'm sure. I let her get away with all kinds of things, like sleeping in my room, that she's not allowed to do normally. But no, she was still very glad to have her Dad back where he belonged.
Don't look too closely at the sign. I don't know what happened with the 'm'.....
We're so grateful to have such a wonderful Dad!
HAHAHA love it.
ReplyDelete