Thursday, July 17, 2014

5 Years Down, Eternity to Go....

Last week, Andrew and I celebrated our 5th wedding anniversary!

Since we didn't take any pictures, I'll use an immensely more flattering image taken on the happy day :)


We hoped to celebrate with a quiet (emphasis on quiet) evening at home, and were partially successful.  We  put the older girls in bed early and enjoyed a yummy dinner by ourselves, but then spent the next few hours with a fussy baby who would not stop crying.  Literally, would not stop crying for hours.  Not exactly what we had in mind, but I guess it's to be expected!  (And you can bet I'll be reminding her of this for years to come!)

Here's a few fun stats from our first five years of marriage:
-We've moved four times (San Antonio, TX; Richardson, TX, Clawson, MI; and Garland, TX)
-We expanded our family with the addition of three girls (ah!!!!!!!!)
-We bought our first house
-Andrew received his master's degree from SMU
-We bought our first car together (a Honda Odyssey)
-After working for two different law firms during our first two years of marriage, Andrew was the full-time stay at home parent for three years, in addition to his schooling during the last two
-Except for maternity leaves, I've worked for AT&T the last 5 years

These five years have certainly given us a run for our money and we eagerly look forward to what will come our way next! 

No comments:

Post a Comment