We try to make Valentine's Day a family affair, but after two insane weeks at work, plus the busy trip to San Antonio squeezed in there, I was a bit too overwhelmed to do anything crazy.
So for family night on the Monday before Valentines, we each made a little mailbox to hang on our bedroom door. Then we spent the week writing each other kind notes and leaving them in our boxes (really just decorated envelopes). The girls were so excited to wake up each morning to find a new note and a little treat - probably mostly excited for the treat ;)
And I've never had so many notes and pictures from Eve! She was so thoughtful - I literally have a stack 3 inches high of all the pictures she's done for me in the past couple of weeks.
On Valentine's morning, the girls woke up to one rose each and a small box of chocolates, thanks to Daddy! They were so thrilled (this picture doesn't do it justice):
I did all the baking on Saturday so that Sunday, things just had to be popped in the oven. Cinnamon rolls for breakfast!
Andrew still had church meetings, so I got the girls ready for church and was even in time to snap some pictures of our beauties:
Now if only I could get them to look at the camera AND smile....
After church, we enjoyed a lasagna dinner, followed up with oreo cheesecake - a new recipe, but definitely a keeper!
We were so happy to have this day to remember how much we love each other and our families, and how much we love our Heavenly Father and Savior!
Happy Valentine's Day!
No comments:
Post a Comment