This spring, we signed Eve up for her first soccer team through the Lubbock Soccer Association. She's done the soccer classes through the city, but hasn't been on a real team or had actual games yet - she was pretty excited, and let's be honest, so were her parents!
I volun-told Andrew as the coach of her team (and he very graciously agreed!).
All ready for her first practice!
And the next week, the first game! Her team is the Dazzlers and Eve is #2. All the girls on the team are really sweet - there are 9 of them and they play 4 on 4.
As I write this, we're 5 games into the season and.....um....their record is 0-5. :(
But not for lack of trying! It's a lot of fun to watch them play and turns out I'm one of those moms who screams, yells, cheers, etc, really loudly. I'm very proud of the fact that I have NOT yelled, "Break her knees!" yet, though.
The only unfortunate problem is that with Andrew coaching, I have to watch the three other girls, which sometimes (almost constantly) means I don't get to watch the game as much as I'd like. Two of the games, we've even had to sit in the car because the younger three wouldn't stop crying about being cold. :( The worst was during the 2nd game when that happened and I missed Eve's first goal of the season! I was heartbroken. I love watching her play so much! Hopefully, I'll see her next goal so I can cheer like crazy for this sweet girl!
Eve said her favorite part of the game was the snacks afterward....
Still 3 games left this season, so maybe they'll end up winning one??? Go Dazzlers!
No comments:
Post a Comment