Just a few days left on our trip! Starting with some time in Layton with the Brunsons and Grandpa and Grandma Larsen. We left the reunion and headed to Layton on Thursday, stayed for a couple of days, then caravan-ed with Grandpa and Grandma to Broomfield on Saturday.
Sam's Club shopping! Maddie's looking pretty suspicious....
Eve showing off her money bar skills - that somehow always results in blisters on her hands, even if she only does it once or twice.
Thursday was pretty laid back. Lots of baths and showers!
On Friday, we visited Union Station in Ogden, I think? Huge trains! And an inside museum too. Uncle Stuart, Aunt Genevieve and our cousins joined in the fun!
Ring the bell! (It was super loud.)
Grandpa helping Abigail do her favorite thing - make noise!
Waiting while we bought tickets for the inside part. So, so, so glad I've never had to wait for a train with the girls. I can't imagine that would go well. I can barely get them in the car!
Exploring the train section of the museum. See my previous comment about train rides with these girls.
After the museum, we hit up Chick fil A for lunch! And play time!
We made homemade pizza that night (why didn't I take pictures!?) and just hung out together. Oh, and super late, Kelly, Genevieve, and I went and saw Wonder Woman. Worst. Movie. Ever. Ok, it was fine until the end. My first time in a theater in a while, though, and I sure did love those reclining seats!
On Saturday, we drove back to Broomfield. And roasted hot dogs for dinner!
On Sunday, Grandpa made us homemade ice cream.
I'll be honest - we didn't do a lot in Broomfield. I was so beyond dead-tired by this point. But we did visit Natasha and Kohn for a bit on Sunday afternoon! The girls always love their house!
On Monday we just played around the house. The Baldwins came to play too, and Natasha joined us for some more visiting. I sat around. :)
Eve wrote this chalk note:
Sprinkler, play fort, sand box - it was amazing!
Picnic lunch with the Baldwins!
Can you spot the Eve? She loves to climb this tree!
Halle gave it a go this time too!
On Tuesday, June 13, we made the 8 1/2 hour drive back to Lubbock. Plus the time change. Plus stops. Plus construction. We arrived home late. And crashed. 25 days and 4,000+ miles later we were happy to be home! And so glad to be with Daddy again!
No more trips. For now....
No comments:
Post a Comment