Sunday, October 1, 2017

Still September

This sums up the rest of September, not previously documented:

At the beginning of the month, I went to the JBF sale (children's clothes consignment).....twice....lots of good stuff!  


I found some Disney puzzles at the sale so we of course had to make them!



They each needed a turn to make them (with only a little help....)


Cora likes to bite the couch.  Not good!


She also likes to look at books, by herself in the closet. 


One last time playing in the pools!  


Eve learned how to do head stands:


I dressed Cora in this shirt I got at the JBF sale and took her out to do errands while Halle and Abigail were at joy school.  (She looks cranky cause it was nap time!)  Everyone thought she was a boy!  A man at the first store told me, "He's big!  He'll be a line backer some day!" and then at the post office, the lady behind me asked if I wanted her to hold 'him' while I addressed my package.  

I haven't had her wear this shirt again since.....


One day, I found the decor on our shelf slightly rearranged.  Apparently Abigail thought Max wasn't getting enough love standing next to the happy family.


Cora got a hold of Andrew's phone at one point and took 68 selfies.  Most were a variation of these three shots:




Cora turned 15 months old in September and has started folding her arms for prayers!  Any time she hears "blessing" or "prayer" she does this.  


She also is good about reminding me when I forget blessings - she'll fold her arms in her high chair and shout "EH!" at me until we pray.  She also does it before naps sometimes when she wants a prayer?  

She's just so adorable!


She does this a lot too - yoga!


A lot of pictures of Cora this month - who wouldn't want to celebrate her 15 months of cuteness??  She loves smoothies!



More yoga....


Eve's school had a party one evening so I took the girls - hot dogs and bouncy houses!


And chips and soda, which is all the girls would eat....


Eve's crazy hair day this year - upside down french braid:



Cora loves sunglasses!  


At her 15 month appointment, she was 25 lbs and 32 inches (although at the fair - see the next post - she fell short of their 30" ride measurement.....?).  She also got 3 shots, poor girl, and screamed for a hour just to make sure I knew how upset she was at my betrayal.  


This girl is all about the strawberries and grapes!


Unfortunately, Eve gets released from school every day on the playground.  This means that every day, the girls beg me to let them play before we head home.  Every.  Day.  I'm praying for cooler weather.....


Following in her sisters' footsteps, Cora loves corn on the cob!


We had the missionaries over one night and as I'm scrambling to get the pizza in the oven 10 minutes before they're supposed to arrive (don't judge me - it was homemade pizza), I turn around and Cora's found the pancake mix.  :(  


But she is very helpful at mashing bananas!


We found the girls' chocolate Easter bunnies so broke those out for a snack one afternoon....


Playing at the Science Spectrum!


Cora has really started to love it!


Particularly the roller coaster!


Almost as much as she loves drinking tomato soup through a straw.....no mess!


We partied hard all the way to the end of the month - on Saturday the 30th, in addition to General Conference, we had two birthday parties.  The first was for the whole family at Blazing Bouncers and oh my goodness did the girls have fun!  It was a double party for two of the Campbell's daughters, Charlotte and Lily.  They are our friends from church and Charlotte was in Halle's preschool class.  They're also in our babysitting co-op group.  Anyway.  It was a huge bash!



Halle was upset about having cake for some reason?  And Eve was playing with babies, of course.


Seriously, Halle, if you don't want the cake, then don't eat it!


Cora loved these slides.  Even went down by herself a couple of times - although, to be fair, they looked accidental.  



That afternoon, between sessions, Eve attended the birthday party for her friend Naomi, of the Seegmiller clan (also from church, preschool, joy school, and babysitting co-op).  

Bring on October!  But first, my post of our time at the fair......

No comments:

Post a Comment