Sunday, September 16, 2018

Grandma Larsen Comes! And the New Baby Doesn't....

Anticipating an early arrival by the new baby (due to his size and the frequency of contractions I was already experiencing), Grandma Larsen took time off of work and came down to help us on Friday, September 7th.  We were all so glad to see her! 


The girls love to go on walks with Grandma, and when Abigail walks, she walks in style!


We have to take frequent breaks.....


We had a lot of time to kill waiting for the baby to come....perfect for puzzles!



Abigail introduced us all to her "Abigail Bungalow" which she still builds and invites us to come to.  "Who wants to come to the Abigail Bungalow?" is heard often at our house.


In cutting green pepper for lunch one day, we found a tiny baby green pepper inside the big one!  Never seen that before...


For family night we used coupons from the summer reading program and got ice cream cones!


And while the older girls were at school, Abigail and Cora "helped" us do some grocery shopping.



Which mostly involved Grandma chasing them around the store, while I waddled after.


On Wednesday the 12th, we went and had lunch at the girls' school:



And I finally retired the old diaper bag we've had since baby Eve's days and upgraded to a newer one.


I was scrapping the bottom of the barrel trying to come up with things to keep my mind of the baby NOT coming, so started running random errands like using a Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory gift card that's been sitting in our paper tray for two years.  Turns out, this is what $15 buys....not much.


Seeing Eve's tricks after school on Friday the 14th - still no baby!  I was panicking by this time because Mom was supposed to fly home on Sunday.


Abigail randomly wanted to pose with the Thanksgiving magnet she got in the hospital after her surgery last year.  She loves this thing!  


On Saturday was a baby shower, put on by my friends Hannah and Devery.  I had been hoping to have a baby by then, but no, so Mom and I got to attend the shower.  And Mom gave me the best present of all!  She took more time off work and we extended her flight home until Wednesday the 19th.  



While I was embarrassed to have a shower for our 5th baby, it was fun to celebrate him with my Lubbock friends!



The girls loved the extra cake I brought him, including the frosting bow tie.


Or is it a hair bow??


The fort the girls built that day:



And still no baby!  To be fair, my official due date wasn't until the 19th, but I never thought we'd make it anywhere near that far....

No comments:

Post a Comment