We wrapped up the school year in style - with Halle's kindergarten program first, on May 21st. Halle's class was easy to spot because they wore cowboys hats (and sang the cutest song about "I'm a long, tall Texan - don't worry, I have a video of it.)
There's our Halle in the second row from the top, third in from the side, in a turquoise shirt.
Each child's writing was displayed, answering a different question for each class. Halle's class went first and I wasn't sure what was happening, so didn't get a video of her voice reading her page. But it says something about she's annoyed when her sisters do.....something....
Daddy came from work to see the big kindergarten graduate!
The last day of school was Friday, May 24th! Finishing 2nd grade and kindergarten!
And not happy about having to be home all summer :( . Some people just love school!
I made her smile nicely for a "real" picture.
Summer is so boring!
And I finally snuck a picture with the girls' Sleepy Hollow teachers - Eve had Ms. Giles:
And Halle had Ms Von Netzer:
And is Halle's graduation picture not the cutest thing you've ever seen????
After school got out (early out!) we headed over to the park for what is apparently an annual tradition in the stake here - an end of school shaving cream fight at the splash pad!
Cora, of course, headed right for the swings. :)
All geared up and ready to go!
On your marks, get set, SPRAY!
Halle, Abigail, and Cora were NOT happy about getting any of them, unless it was self-inflicted. They mostly steered clear of everyone else and sprayed their cream on the grass.
Not so with Eve.
She dove right into the thick of things!
Cora kept spraying her own hands then rubbing her nose and getting it in her mouth, then crying. I'd wash it off, then 5 seconds later, she'd repeat it.
Eve had the time of her life.
Here we come, summer!
That evening when Dad got home, we got pretzels and ice cream and Sam's Club and bought a huge box of sidewalk chalk and a tree swing for the front yard.
Bring on summer!
No comments:
Post a Comment