Wednesday, October 2, 2019

Cora's 3rd Birthday!

We packed a lot of fun into the third weekend in June! Sunday the 16th was Cora's birthday AND Father's Day! 

To celebrate Cora's birthday, we did a zoo trip on Saturday. So many animals to see!




Cora's first time in the maze, with a little help from Eve....



Being 3 is basically awesome, but she still won't look at the camera.



Trying to make the lions roar....


I just happened to see a teeny, tiny frog on the path - that little spot in the middle. It was so small and we watched it hop along until it finally made it to the bushes.


Abigail managed to trip to gash open her knee, poor girl. She bummed a ride with Daddy after that.


When Cora woke up on Sunday morning, there was 3 on her door, made from little cups filled with candy! And balloons too!


It's a lot of work having a birthday party, though, so after-church naps are imperative. 


That evening, we did a unicorn pinata in the garage! 


The girls each took lots of swings, but were unsuccessful at breaking it open.




Even Seth took a stab at it.


After a second round with no end in sight, Daddy decided to help out.


Unfortunately, the wrong thing broke open.


Since the bat was now useless, we resorted to hacking at it with Andrew's long shoe horn. 


It worked...eventually. Just give us the candy already!





Cora specifically requested that she not have to pop balloons, but she did still want clues. So each present had a clue taped on it to find the next present. 


She did a good job figuring out the clues!



She was so happy with all the little toys she got! She did then and still does just gather then up and carry them around with her. She also likes to take them in the bath. 


That's a pretty good looking fairy!


When we made our brief stop at Great Grandma Janet's house on the way back from Alabama, Cora saw this stuffed giraffe and loved it so Grandma Janet sent it for her birthday!


And her big present from Dad and Mom was a mini tramp!


We love this cute three year old who won't look directly at the camera!




Here are Cora's answers to her birthday questions! Although in the interest of full disclosure, I can't find the version I did in June, so I asked these again today. I dictated her responses word for word - enjoy!

1. What is your favorite color?  Um….all of ‘em. Purple’s my favorite color; actually green is.
2.  What is your favorite toy? A bath toy phone. I wish there was one, but there isn’t.
3.  What is your favorite fruit?  Um, pineapples. Pineapples are. And what is your favorite food? Chick-a-monga? 
4. What is your favorite TV show?  Veggie Tales. Actually not Veggie Tales is it. My favorite show starts with a ‘k, k, k’ – Goldie and Bear. (Giggles…) Told ya!
5. What is your favorite thing to eat for lunch?  Pancakes – chocolate chip pancakes.
6. What is your favorite outfit?  The blue, blackish one. Remember that one? I like…..what’s your favorite color? Pink? Or orange? Or red? Or blue? Or purple? I like the Winnie the Pooh shirt. 
7. What is your favorite game?  Mario and the Princess Castle is my favorite game. Of course, and that’s all the questions you have to tell me. And the question I have to tell you is ‘Remember the day we got to go the Chuck E Cheese?’
8. What is your favorite snack?  Animal Crackers. Actually, fruit snacks.
9. What is your favorite animal?  Um…elephant.
10. What is your favorite song?  Uh….um…..uh…..I like….have you seen a song that goes like this – ‘I don’t know what is, don’t drive’. It’s a new song that I like.
11. What is your favorite book?  There’s one book that I’ll show you what it is. It’s a new one. (Runs to get it and comes back with one from the Chick-fil-A kids meal.) I used to have this one when I was a baby. 
12. Who is your favorite friend to play with?  There’s one person called Grace in my class. And guess what? Oliver’s in my class!
13. What is your favorite sport?  You forgot my favorite song. My favorite song is ‘I will get back up again’. (And starts to sing it.)
14. What is your favorite thing to do outside?  Play hide and seek.
15. What is your favorite drink?  Koolaid. Actually, soda. 
16. What is your favorite holiday?  My favorite holiday is winter.
17. What do you like to take to bed with you at night?  Water and orange teddy and Winnie the Pooh and parrot. 
18. What is your favorite thing to eat for breakfast?  (Shrugs) My favorite thing is a peanut butter and honey sandwich. 
19. What do you want to be when you grow up?  I wanna surprise you, Mom!
20. What is your favorite thing to do with Mom or Dad?  Play games. And….what’s your next one?
21. What is something Mom always says?  “Get in your bed.”
22. What is something Dad always says?  He jumps in the balloons! (While laughing)
23. I'm very proud because: my sisters clean up the barbies!
24. I'm afraid of: monsters.
 25. Name one thing you do really well. Toots! 
26. What is your favorite time of day?  Getting water balloons at Grandma’s house.
27. What makes you feel sad?  That Abbie keeps hitting me.
 28. What makes you feel happy?  When I feel that…um, a long time ago I had a dream about when Abbie was being mean to me. She was punching me, and hitting me, and kicking me. 
29. Where do you want to go on vacation?  At home.
30. What is most exciting about being 3?  When my birthday starts up! 


From a logistics point of view, Cora was 33 lbs and almost 38" tall when she turned 3. She drinks a ton of water, including waking us up once or twice a night for more - about 80 oz/day. She is potty trained, but not night trained yet (thank you, excess water consumption). She wears size 3-4T clothes. Cora LOVES to take baths and it's not unusual for her to take an hour long play bath daily, sometimes twice a day! She loves books and will sit quietly by herself in the closet looking at books for extended periods of time. And something silly about Cora - she hates the wind! And unfortunate phobia for Amarillo. She screams and screams if she's outside and the wind gets her. (Picture me trying to cart her and Seth into the grocery stores with her loosing her mind about the wind - this happens a lot.)

And she loved her trampoline when Daddy got it set up!


Cora requested pink cake with strawberries on the side and a lady bug on top, so I made angel food cake. 



Happy birthday, Cora! We love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment