So just to be clear, as of Friday, November 13th, when Boyd turned 3 months old, Andrew had been exposed to covid, but had not been tested yet. On Tuesday, November 17th, Grandma Smith flew home to Utah, not feeling sick when we dropped her off at the airport. Later that same day, Andrew got his positive covid test back and Grandma threw up on her flight home as she started to not feel well. (Keep in mind that she also tends to get airsick and hadn't taken dramamine yet.)
We were sad to see her go!
Before we got Andrew's positive result, I ran to the grocery store to do one more stock up in case he was positive and we'd have to quarantine. The shelves were bare again.
And Andrew was positive for covid AND had an ear infection. So since Boyd had been acting under the weather and fussy, I made an appointment to take him in too, in case he also had an ear infection.
Poor baby was tested for covid, flu, RSV, and strep. His poor nose was bleeding by the time they were done swabbing him. Like Daddy, he came back positive for covid and had an ear infection.
Don't worry, besides sleeping lots, he could still play games with his sisters!
Since Andrew was positive and we'd all been around him, the whole family had to quarantine at home. Good thing it was basically time for Thanksgiving break anyway! And Abigail was already doing school at home so no big change for her.
None of the other kids developed any symptoms so we never had them tested, but they did have to quarantine for 14 days AFTER Andrew's 10 day quarantine had ended. It was a long 3+ weeks at home.
But we found ways to pass the time! "Howdy, folks! Today I'll be teaching y'all to herd cattle!"
So much love!
And sometimes some tears.
Halle and Eve had to pick up their chrome books from school and do everything virtually for those three weeks.
Seth hadn't quite learned his lesson from spilling milk all over himself a couple months back when pulling the jug out of the fridge....or he'd forgotten.
Lots of book reading!
And one day Cora even cleaned her room the first time I asked without whining or any help!
Turkey pictures to color for Thanksgiving:
Abigail had to disguise a turkey as one of her school projects so it wouldn't get eaten - she chose a mermaid and I think it turned out pretty well!
Lots of sicky snuggles with Boyd. And then I started feeling sick. I never went and tested because we were already quarantining and I didn't want to, but a couple of days before Thanksgiving I completely lost my senses of taste and smell. So that basically answered that question.
I still made Thanksgiving dinner, which was a strange experience without being able to smell anything. A few things burned in the oven unnoticed by me....
Maybe I should be glad I couldn't smell? Abigail was not impressed with the turkey's bath....
But everyone wanted to help with the rolls!
The morning of Thanksgiving, our power went out. Yep. But a kind sister in the ward had dropped off cinnamon rolls for us the day before, so we still had a yummy breakfast!
Halle helped the kids put on a skit in the dark to keep us entertained.
And after a couple of hours, the power did come back on in time for us to salvage our dinner, just a little later than we had planned.
So much yummy food and I couldn't taste it at all. It was one of the strangest sensations I've ever had.
Cheers! We have a lot to be thankful for!
And a lot of dishes to do.
And naps to take. Poor, sick boys.
Guess what? Turkey.....bottom....
Yummy pies make everything better!
And thus went our very memorable Thanksgiving!
No comments:
Post a Comment