Sunday, January 30, 2011

Eve's Blessing Day

Today in Church, we blessed our little baby Eve! She looked so beautiful in her white dress and she behaved moderately well :). She made it through the blessing quietly and then started crying as soon as it was over. That's what I call good timing!

Her Grandma Smith picked her dress and booties and brought them from Utah - I'm so glad I didn't have to pick them out! She did a great job...here's the proof:

Since Eve was all dressed up anyway, we thought it'd be a good time to get some pictures of our little family - especially since we had someone here to take them!


We didn't, however, leave her in her nice white dress for all three hours of Church. She's been treating us to some lovely.....full....diapers and we didn't want to risk soiling the perfect dress! But we had a super cute regular Sunday dress on hand to switch to after the blessing - pretty dang cute!

As you can tell, Andrew's parents came from Utah to meet their first grandchild and to be here for her blessing. She's loved all the attention and is definitely getting spoiled! We still get them with us for a couple more days and I hope after they leave that Eve doesn't expect me to hold her all day long like she's getting used to! I mean, I do love holding her, but I have to get SOME things done during the day....

I'll devote a separate post about our time with Andrew's parents later this week so you can look forward to that! For now, we're going to enjoy a chocolate cream pie to celebrate this day. Sorry, Eve, none for you!

3 comments:

  1. What a beautiful dress! For a beautiful girl! And seriously, Sharon, you look fantastic...and nothing like you just had a baby! No fair. :)

    Congrats, my friend! You have a beautiful little family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love the dress and the booties!! she is so darn cute! i miss her. and i want some chocolate pie.

    ReplyDelete
  3. She looks SO cute in her dress and accessories! :) She is beautiful and I'm sure it was a beautiful day for your cute family.

    ReplyDelete