Sunday, February 8, 2015

LSAT/Girls' Day

Yesterday was Andrew's big day!  He took the LSAT in preparation to apply to law school this month.  Since that took away from home for a good part of the day, we decided to have a 'girls' day' in his absence!

After eating breakfast, cleaning up the house, and starting some laundry (the un-fun stuff), our first stop was the park!  The weather cooperated beautifully and we had a grand time!  



(Even Abigail enjoyed it, though she may not look it....)


It took some convincing (translation = Eve pushing her down), but Halle finally managed to brave the big slide!  And actually liked it!  Her favorite part was definitely the swings, though.  


That is, it was her favorite until we crossed the parking lot to feed the ducks!  

We started out with just four lone birds, but not for long!



Unfortunately, I had only brought one piece of bread (in my defense, I didn't realize how many ducks would be there!) so it didn't last long.  

After the park, we went to do our grocery shopping.  I'd asked Eve several days before what treat she thought we should get dad for doing well on his test.  On Saturday morning, she told me, "Mom, I thought of a treat for Dad.  A chocolate pie!"  Since we've been low of sugary treats around our house lately, I also thought he'd enjoy a candy poster, so we went with both!

We hid the chocolate pie in the fridge and Eve helped me assemble the poster while her sisters were napping.  We left it on his bed as a surprise.  He came home while Eve and I were eating a late lunch.  I had told her not to tell him about the surprise, but just to have him find it on his own.  We said a blessing on the food shortly after he arrived and he asked Eve to say it.  After asking that the food be blessed, she added, "And please bless Dad to go up to his room and see the surprise on his bed."  :)


Before dinner, we had time to finish our last major goal for girls' day - a train ride with Mommy!  Abigail remained behind with Dad and the older girls and I went for a ride!  (On the commuter train I take to work every day.)  It might not sound like much, but the girls loved it!  Eve kept saying, "This is so fun!"  


We went just one stop (about a 7 min ride), then got off and waited for the train to take us back.  We had some time to burn so got to explore a bit:



Then it was back home for dinner and chocolate pie with Dad!  


We're so proud of Andrew and all the hard work he put into preparing for the LSAT!  

1 comment: