Our Valentine's Day was nothing if not full of chocolate! Doesn't get better than that ;)
We started the morning with some pink chocolate chip pancakes - messy and satisfying!
For our treats, we'd ordered some surprises from the young women in our ward who were doing a fundraiser for girls' camp. The girls got chocolate lollipops and princess shoes and Andrew and I got heart shaped chocolate chips cookies and brownies. Yum!
We had a busy day - Andrew helped someone move and I took the girls to the park. Andrew met us there when he was done with the move and we had fun playing. Besides that, we did our typical Saturday cleaning, shopping, and laundry.
Since I knew we didn't have an outing planned for that evening, I'd signed up to feed the missionaries. It was the only day in February where someone hadn't already volunteered. Go figure :) It turned out to be more than I'd bargained for! No knock on our missionaries, because they are awesome, the girls love them, and we very much enjoy having them over. But this particular evening was a perfect storm of awfulness! We'd planned dinner for 5pm and I was making lasagna, french bread, broccoli with cheese sauce, and salad with hot fudge brownies for dessert. Everything was on track, except for me having time to take a shower when the missionaries called at 4:30 to say they needed to reschedule for 6:30pm. Ah! I took the lasagna out of the oven and put dinner on hold. It worked out because I had time to get a few more things done, then at 5:30 I re-began making dinner. I got everything prepped then got in the shower. Around 6pm, just as I was finishing my shower, I hear the doorbell. It was the missionaries! They thought they had Andrew 6:00pm, not 6:30! Eve graciously announced to them that, "my mom's in the shower" and Andrew told them dinner wouldn't be ready for another 30 mins.....Luckily, we have a couple of neighbors who are members of the church, one of them being an older couple, so the missionaries went to check on them. But the time they got back at 6:30, dinner was on the table. We had a good dinner, but they did seem to be dragging things out a bit. Come to find out, they had no other plans for the evening (apparently no one wanted to meet with them that night) so they decided to just hang out at our house! We served them dessert and still they lingered. I finally put the girls in bed and hoped against hope they would leave soon. I only wanted one thing for Valentine's Day and that was a quiet evening watching Perry Mason with Andrew while we enjoyed our hot fudge brownies. Since I'm doing the 12 week challenge, I can't have desserts unless I use a free point and I'd saved two free points - one for dessert on Saturday night and the last point for leftover dessert on Sunday night. I was really looking forward to my hot fudge brownie with ice cream! But they wouldn't leave! I was growing more desperate by the minute, watching the clock hands move closer and closer to 8:30pm. As part of the challenge, I can't eat after 8:30pm.
They didn't leave until almost 9pm and I was very upset when we closed the door behind them. So much for my plans :( I ended up having to use both my remaining free points in order to have my hot fudge brownie past 8:30pm. Which meant no dessert on Sunday. Poor me, right? ;) Haha, not quite the ending to the day I'd hoped for! But at least I got my brownie at long last....I told you our day was all about chocolate! From beginning to end.....
No comments:
Post a Comment