Monday, September 25, 2017

End of Summer

For an end of summer bash, I wanted to take the girls to Joyland, a local amusement park.  We got everyone all ready to go on Saturday, August 26th, and drove to the park.  Once we were in the parking lot, though, I didn't feel right about it.  Not sure what it was, but going that day didn't feel right.  So much to the girls' disappointment, we told them we needed to change the plans.  All in all, they managed pretty good attitudes about it!

Instead, we stopped first at Prairie Dog Town - which is exactly what it sounds like.  I park for prairie dogs to live.  



Everyone was skeptical at first, but they all really enjoyed watching them run around!  





Some kind people there let the girls use some of their crackers to feed the animals, which was a big hit!


Our plan after that was to go to the mall and ride the mechanical animals (the girls' choice.)  We arrived at the mall only to realize that it was the Saturday before school started and the place was a zoo.  Not in a good way.  Again, change of plans.  The girls were trying to be cheerful about it, but we could tell they were disappointed.  So we opted instead for an afternoon at Chuck E Cheese!  A place always guaranteed to put a smile on their faces.  $20 well spent.....






It wasn't too crowded, and it ended up raining, so an indoor activity turned out to be best for our end of summer festivities!




Abigail loved this ride and still talks about it.  "I love the chair that I buckle in and it goes up and up!"


The most fun is always ticket counting :)


They each got an air head with their tickets and left happy.  


And ready for another year of school to start on Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment