Wednesday, March 27, 2019

Sleepy Hollow Elementary

Eve and Halle started their new school on Monday morning, January 7th.  At the recommendation of the office (I had stopped in to ask back in December when we were in town to close on the house), we arrived about 20 mins after school started.  It was a cold morning!


I'm not joking when I say that their mascot is the horsemen. 


The principal offered to walk the girls to their classes while I filled out paperwork.  They were both terrified of that, so I asked to go along.  We dropped Eve in 2nd grade with Ms Giles and then after briefly saying hi to Ms Von Netzer, Halle's new teacher, walked Halle to gym.  The girls were a little apprehensive, but did great!

Abigail and Cora were very jealous so they had lunchables for lunch that day, just like Eve and Halle.  We don't normally buy them (in fact, I think this was a first), but they were on sale at Sam's Club at this was a special occasion ;).


Seth was feeling left out with all the learning everyone else was doing, so he taught himself a new skill.  


He decided it wasn't his thing and went back to Mommy holding the bottle.

The girls had a successful first day of school!  I'm not trying to be negative, but I will say I desperately miss North Ridge.  It literally took me a month and a half to even learn the girls' teachers' names.  There is no communication between the school and parents, and at first I thought that was just because we were new and out of the loop, but I've come to learn this school is just like that.  Because I pick the girls up through a carpool lane, there is also no interaction with their teachers.  I'm used to the North Ridge teachers who send out pictures from class several times a week and who'd I could visit with as needed when I picked the girls up.  It's been a hard adjustment, but the girls seem to be making friends and I'm sure we'll continue to feel more comfortable at this school as time goes on?  At least it still works out for Andrew to drop them off in the morning on his way to work - I missed that during the fall when he was gone!

No comments:

Post a Comment