At the end of July was the Larsen Family Reunion in Utah and in early August, right after the reunion, was when Grandpa and Grandma Smith were getting home from their mission to Brazil! So it was time for a road trip!
Because of chemo (and the need to always be in close proximity to a hospital) and Andrew's work, Daddy and Abigail had to stay behind. We were so sad to say goodbye!
We left Amarillo on Saturday, July 27th, and drove to Broomfield! Uncle Evan was visiting from Japan so it was extra fun to be there for a few days!
"Please, Uncle Evan! Just let me outside!"
And we got to see Travis! He is such a tiny cutie!
All the kids were obsessed with him, even Seth!
Aunt Cassidy was not a fan of non-adults holding him, so Eve had to sneak in the snuggles when Aunt Cassidy was at work. :)
So did Seth.
Uncle Eric was already a pro at burrito-wrapping Travis to get him to sleep!
After church on Sunday, Uncle Evan actually held Seth and carried him in from the car!
I had to document the moment. Uncle Evan was so fun this whole trip. He played with the girls non-stop, even taking them to the park all by himself! What a champ!
"Mommy, why don't we have plants at our house?"
"Good thing Grandma has these chairs I can push around!"
So much fun time outside! Colorado is basically paradise in the summer - at least Grandpa and Grandma Larsen's well-manicured yard is!
And so many new games to choose from! And by new, I mean really old.
Uncle Wiggly with Uncle Evan!
Me reclining in the shade while the kids entertain themselves. Ah, this is the life.
Soft, fire ant free grass to lay in!
Uncle Evan to push you way too high on the swings!
When you just need to cool down quickly.
I think we wore him out. And his shoes are so comfy!
Seth was very entertained by Grandpa's log holder. He'd scrape it around the fireplace over and over and over.
Also, I told you he was obsessed with Travis. "It's a boy, like me, but smaller! I'm not alone in this world!"
Seth enjoying a bottle while Travis is burrito wrapped in the background.
Uncles Evan and Eric and Aunt Cassidy got out their RC cars, much to everyone's delight!
"Please don't leave me, Travis."
Good thing he was back the next morning!
Headed to the park with Uncle Evan!
On Monday, July 29th, we went to visit Natasha's house! She was ready for us with reserved parking.
The Baldwin clan met us there for a whirlwind visit! Everyone was excited to meet Natasha's dog!
She has a huge backyard that borders on a lake so the kids were enthralled!
Uncle Evan came and helped manage the crazy. See him showing Seth the ducks? I'm sure we completely overwhelmed Natasha, but she was so nice about it.
A golf course also borders the lake, so she and Kohn collect golf balls out of the water and she had a big bag for the kids to hit/throw into the lake. They made short work out of that!
It was very hot and Candace helped me keep Seth cool :)
Eve found a new friend!
So did Seth...
There were even a couple of balls left for Natasha and Evan to hit in.
Let's be honest, all our kids loved the dog.
And Candace and I inadvertently matched - 26ish years later and we still have it! :)
Watch out or officers Halle and Hannah will come for you!
On the way back to Grandma's house, we stopped by my old elementary school. We moved to Broomfield when I was halfway through 5th grade, so I didn't go to Kohl Elementary for very long. All these years and I couldn't even remember where it was! I had to look it up on a map.
Lunchtime for 8 kids is....fun....
When Aunt Cassidy wasn't looking, even Cora got a turn to hold Travis :).
I think he's had enough?
Just because we're crazy, Candace and I took all the kids to Costco that afternoon. It didn't go as badly as you might think.
And we topped it off with ice cream!
Halle and Hannah are so cute together :)
Speaking of cute....
We got to see Natasha once more before we left for Utah - we sure love her!
Cora loves Grandma's toys.
And Seth loved Grandma's swing!
And the stairs. Oh, the stairs. He had them mastered in no time.
Meanwhile in Amarillo, Abigail got to go with Daddy to get his hair cut.
And she even went to work with him several times! On one of the days she went to play at a friend from church's house instead, she fell and hit her face. :( Poor girl!
No comments:
Post a Comment