Saturday, July 14, 2012

4th of July

On the actual 4th of July, we drove a little way north to spend some time at my Uncle Alan and Aunt Shirlene's house in Sherman.  They have a pool which may be the main reason we didn't gather at our house instead :)

Andrew and I decided not to get in, but Eve wanted to at last take a dip.  She wouldn't let anyone but Grandma hold her....


And most of her time was spend just sitting on the edge with her feet in.  It was so hot!  Almost made me wish I'd gone in instead of sitting out sweating to death while waiting for Eve to be done.


I told you that boy was big!  Asher is a swimming pro (as you can tell from his tan).


There were lots of fun toys at their house - new toys to play with are always a treat!


And yummy food and drink as well!  Eve is becoming increasingly insistent on holding her own cups.  As long as they just have water, we're usually ok with it.  I think this one had root beer, so she was under close supervision.


More play time with Chiara!  Too bad we live so far apart because these two would have a blast together, I'm sure!


Here was my attempt to get some cute 4th of July pictures of Eve (thanks to Aunt Kelly for the cute outfit!).




Grandpa took the time to help Eve up in to the little kids' play loft - it was a steep climb, but well worth the effort!


"Hi, Dad!  Look how high up I am!"


Genevieve will have all the professional looking photos for this, but we took the three cousins outside for a photo shoot.  I spent most of the time trying to get them to look at Gen's camera, but managed to sneak in a couple shots of my own!



After our busy couple of days, we headed home kind of early and were in bed before fireworks began.  I had to work the next day, so we chickened out.  But the rest of the family went out to see our local fireworks.  From what I hear, it went ok.

We had so much fun having everyone over at our house!  We had one final hurrah on Friday night.  Stuart, Genevieve, and the kids had already left, but Uncle Reid, Aunt Jana, Kate, Ben, and Jane came over one last time and we had delicious pizza and just spent some playing games and hanging out.  Dad, Mom, and Eric left Saturday morning and just like that, we were back to just the three of us.  We're excited for our next visitors (Danny and Laura) to get here in a few days!

Happy 4th of July!


2 comments:

  1. look at that cute outfit!! Reagan wants it back so she can wear it next year.

    And, they got a pool??

    Also, you have officially become a hotel, I think.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am totally behind on reading everyone's blog! Just caught myself up. Looks like you all have had some fun this past month! Wish we could've joined in on the fun with you guys for the 4th! Miss you!

    ReplyDelete