One of the many bonuses of being in Utah is the number of temples we got to see!
Our first temple stop was on our way back to Provo after our day of visiting with Katie and Kelly. We decided to stop by the Draper Temple, where Andrew and I were married four years ago. It was so beautiful at night!
Please note in the picture below that Eve is shoe-less. She had her pink shoes on when we left Kelly and Lance's house, but kicked them off in the car, so we just had her take these quick pictures in her bare feet.
A lot has changed in our family in four years!
After taking these pictures, we got back in the car and drove to Andrew's parents' house, where we found that we had lost one of Eve's pink shoes. Retracing our steps, all we could think was that it fell out of the car at the Draper Temple and we gave it up for lost.
On July 4th (a separate post for that is forthcoming), we drove up to Boise, Idaho for a Smith Family Reunion. While there, I snapped this picture of the recently renovated Boise Temple:
Not the best picture, but it was in the car, through the window, so the best I could do.
If you want to see some good temple pictures, get ready! On our way back from Idaho a few days later, we stopped in Brigham City, Utah, to see the new Brigham City Temple. Talk about beautiful!
As we continued to drive south towards Provo, I kept thinking about stopping again at the Draper Temple....just in case. We'd since bought Eve a new pair of shoes, but I still had one pink shoe and what good is one shoe? I thought, "If we don't stop, I'll always wonder...." and Andrew agreed, so we made a second stop at the Draper Temple.
We were literally just pulling into the parking lot when Andrew says, "What's that pink thing in the grass?" And there it was! Eve's pink shoe. We would have dropped it in the parking lot in the first spot right there by the fire hydrant, so some kind soul found it and moved it to the grass. What a cool blessing! 6 days later and it was still there waiting for us!
Have I mentioned how much I love this temple?
And then as we got back into Provo, we drove by the Provo City Center Temple that is still under construction. Pretty neat to see it!
Temples are such a blessing and to have seen so many in such a short time was definitely a blessing to our family!
No comments:
Post a Comment