Here's a run-through of our February fun!
Eve's class celebrated "Kindergarten Independence Day" - the kids are now supposed to be more independent in preparation for 1st grade (walk in by themselves, put their backpacks away without parent help, set up their tables with chairs/supplies, etc.) Eve's been doing that stuff all year, so no big change for her.....
Halle started a new round of class through the city. At her request, we signed up for ballet, basketball, and sporties for shorties.
I don't know that we're really ballet people....Halle lost interest after day one and our attendance has been hit or miss since then. Good think the 10 week class was only $15!
Play group at the Science Spectrum!
Beautiful, warm weather meant lots of play time outside! Cora's not sold on the tramp quite yet, though....
For the 100th day of Kindergarten, the kids dressed up like they're 100 years old AND brought in a project or collection made of 100 things. I don't know how I didn't get a picture, but Eve used 100 legos to build a little school house with a teacher and 12 students.
They did lots of fun 100 day activities!
The "old" people:
Lots of babysitting in February - that is, before the stomach flu hit our house....twice.... :(
Halle's sporties for shorties class - they were doing a relay race and Halle was doing her burpees!
And basketball class!
Basketball is outside by this lake, which means I get to chase Abigail away from it while we watch Halle. Fun, fun!
First documented time of 4 girls in the tub!
This company that came door to door had been bugging me for awhile to let them come do a free carpet cleaning demonstration in our home so since our living room carpet is clearly nasty, I caved. I moved everything I could out, hoping for some impressive results! After years of carpet cleaning in college, it takes a lot to impress me.....
Moved the furniture into the kitchen.....
But it turned out they were trying to sell me a steam cleaning machine for.....wait for it.....$3k! (Insert shocked face here.) While the product was impressive, there's no way we'd pay that much for it. And my carpet didn't end up any cleaner. Lesson learned.
Halle likes to draw pictures and write notes (like 20 times a day), but one day, she was upset at me and wrote this note. I had her read it to me to verify and it basically says, "I don't like when we don't get treats. I don't like you, Mom." It may or may not have made me cry. And she lost the privilege of writing notes for awhile.
Eve hit a recycling milestone at school so got to take a picture with a school animal of her choice!
The PTA hosted a Family Dance Night at school so we made an appearance - free pizza!
Andrew was able to come for just a few minutes at the end so the girls had a blast dancing with him! I was sick and watching Cora. (Remember I mentioned the multiple rounds of illness that struck us in February....)
Andrew is president of the J. Reuben Clarke Law Society at Tech this year, and for an activity in February, decided to do a kalua pork lunch. So I made a huge amount of pork. It literally took me over an hour to shred all that! I'm very picky about my meat so it takes me longer....
Braidy Bunch girls! Remember how Abigail's hair is long enough to braid now???
All this fun wears us out!
And this is how we spend our Sunday afternoons how that church is at 9am:
This was a particularly fun day at basketball. Abigail literally threw up as we arrived (luckily outside of the car), so we let Halle go to her class, while we observed from the car. Cora got to steer!
Halle's class in the distance (with Abigail's throw up in the forefront....)
Costco shopping with these three is never dull! This was the first time I took Cora in without her car seat - you can't tell by her face, but she loved sitting like a big girl!
And Abigail wanted to try one of Costco's "lovely" chairs. Who can resist that face?
Andrew and I started a low-carb diet (keto) after Valentine's Day so the quality of our Family Night treats significantly degraded. But the girls were happy with their pink M&M's shaped into their first initial and a heart. Keeping it low key, people! (And the diet.....Andrew lasted a week and I did three before spring break hit - more to come on that.)
Cora's 1st (maybe?) time on the swings and she was in love!
It was slightly windy.....lots of dust in our mouths!
Overall, February passed somewhat slowly, mostly due to the insane amounts of throw up and diarrhea I got to clean up. Please, no more illness!
No comments:
Post a Comment