Tuesday, February 27, 2018

Brace-less!

I think I mentioned that while Abigail was in the hospital, Eve and Halle had a brace check with the orthopedic specialist and he said their legs were coming along nicely and they should wear them until mid-February, then be done.  So we set Valentines Day as our target for brace removal. 

We even made paper chains on January 1st to help us count down!   


Despite our best intentions, we only made it two more weeks.  By January 14th, Eve's day braces had broken (the straps that hold them on) and both of their feet were developing gross rashes, I can only assume from the germs building up on the padding of the braces?  

So we called it.  I wasn't about to have the braces replaced or fixed for only four more weeks of wear.  

These girls were happy to be done!


So long, chains!


Can't stop us now!  



After basically 6 months of braces, it felt so good to be done!  More so for Mom and Dad who no longer have to spend 20 minutes every morning and night doing stretches.  And so far, they're doing pretty well staying off their toes.  I never see Halle walk on hers now, and Eve only occasionally.  

Yay for no surgery!

No comments:

Post a Comment