With visitors, birthdays, and Christmas trips, December was a busy month! But we did other stuff that didn't fit into those categories, so here's the summary!
Friday, December 1st, was dress like a nerd day at school :)
Halle was a big helper with vacuuming!
Abigail had evaluations for speech, occupational, and physical therapy. The first two she passed with flying colors, well advanced beyond her age. But her PT evaluation showed that she was in the 2nd percentile, with the gross motor skills of a 24 month old. She wasn't able to do simple things like walking on a straight line, standing on a line, or balancing on one foot. So the physical therapist recommended she start weekly sessions to work on her strength and balance, which we started in January.
This was on our way to one of her evaluations in December - we tried to squeeze in an oil change and car inspection on the way, but the wait was too long and we ended up having to leave. But Abigail found a roly poly on the way in and amused herself with playing with it (it's that dark spot on the table) while we waited.
Eve built some cool 3D shapes at school!
Playing in their room:
On the 6th, we had playgroup at the mall play place....but no one showed up besides us :)
We still had fun!
We left Abigail's welcome home banner up for quite a while and she loved it!
I love when these girls read together :)
I got to teach joy school the last week before our Christmas break, so we did a little Christmas party. Decorated sugar cookies and made our own snow!
The snow making started out semi-cleanly.....
But didn't end that way!
I attempted to get pictures of the girls in their Christmas dresses after church on the 17th - you can see how well it did not go.
We tried again after we got home....without much more success....
On Tuesday, December 19th, we all went to Eve's school for a Christmas lunch! Daddy and I thought it was yummy.....
We were leaving for our Christmas trip to Colorado on Wednesday, so of course I had to clean the car first! Abigail found Andrew's air pump in the garage while I was vacuuming and brought it over to me saying, "Mom, let me check your ear with this. I promise it won't hurt!" Um.....
And just like that it was time for our trip!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment