Boyd wasn't the only one with a milestone in September! Seth got his day in the limelight as well!
I don't know why he makes this face every time I try to take his picture.
"I'm two now, Mom. I'm old enough to get my own cups."
Despite what the pictures will show, I promise Seth really did have a great birthday! He just likes to keep it inside. Or at least put away his excitement when the camera comes out.
Seth's birthday was on a Thursday, so while Eve and Halle were at school, we read lots of books/made puzzles! Here are his favorites:
We had cheese pizza for dinner. Right up until his birthday, Seth still wouldn't really talk. There were only a couple of words he would even try to say so I couldn't ask him what he wanted for dinner, but I think I made a good choice. The pizza was a hit.
That afternoon/evening we played outside as his birthday activities because this boy is NUTS for playing outside - specifically in the front yard.
After dinner and play time, we got out his presents!
"These are all for me?!"
His sisters "helped" him.
Magic tracks! They were a big hit. After years and years of buying mostly girl toys, it was kind of fun to shop for things Seth likes - cars, dinosaurs, etc.
He got a box of a lot of little pull-back cars from Aunt Lisa!
Don't laugh - I attempted a little blue truck cake in honor of Seth's favorite book at the time. Very amateur, but it definitely could have gone worse!
I was happy because he at least knew what it was!
We also had milkshakes in honor of his second favorite book, Toby the Cowsitter.
He loved his musical birthday card!
The next day, he got to go for his 2 year check-up!
Then we played with some friends at the zoo.
This kid is all boy - he loves construction equipment, cars, dinosaurs, dirt, balls, playing outside, and running around like crazy. Quite a change from the girls. Seth weighs 34 lbs (97%) and is 36" tall (96%). His head is (and always has been) 100th percentile. Like I mentioned above, he basically wasn't talking at all but I'm happy to report it was literally the week after his birthday that his vocabulary took off and he hasn't look back since! Now we can't get him to STOP talking. We are very relieved. Seth finally started sleeping through the night a couple of months before his birthday, as soon as he realized someone else was coming along that would make sure Mom and Dad were kept up at night. As of turning 2, he was still sleeping in his crib since he hadn't tried to climb out yet and Boyd had the bouncy seat/pack and play. What else? I said he LOVES books, which again, we're glad about. He loves playing with his sisters and jumping on the tramp. He enjoys riding the pink scooter and is just getting the hang of the balance bike. He was wearing size 5 diapers and size 2T - 3T clothes. I guess that's about it?
Happy birthday, Seth! We love having you in our family!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment