This year, the Relief Society was in charge of the ward Christmas party and I was thrilled.
<Insert shifty eyes here>
But hey, between me, my two counselors, and the two women on our committee, we made it work! One VERY long day at the church to set it all up and we were good to go! Thank goodness the bishop decided he wanted the meal catered (we had decided to do Mexican - I'm anti another turkey/mashed potato dinner right between Thanksgiving and Christmas). It made everything so much easier! Between our ward and the dependent Spanish branch, I think we planned for 120. Probably only 70 or so actually came, so we had plenty of everything.
A brother in our ward had finally agreed to play Santa (after asking several men).
The primary did a little nativity performance that was super cute! Eve's in front of the curtain doing a reading and Halle and Abigail were angels just to Eve's left.
The cutest angels I've ever seen!
After dinner when Santa came all the kids were excited! He passed out oranges and little treat bags with candy canes and specialty popcorn. (I'm very proud that I assembled all those on my own! All 80 of them! For under 50!)
Despite all the running around and craziness, I managed to get all five of them with Santa at one time for a picture!
The party was on December 7th, so this is Eve's birthday eve picture :).
And Halle just for fun!
Halle with Deckland and Grace:
And Cora waiting in the wings for a turn in Santa's chair.
Overall it went ok - the catered food was REALLY good and the Spanish branch brought homemade tamales that were awesome! There was SO much food left over, but better that than not enough!
And....they've already put me in charge of the Christmas party for 2020 too. Face palm. Maybe with Covid 19 it'll be cancelled??? One can hope.
No comments:
Post a Comment